NBA Jam: On Fire Coming This October To XBLA And PSN
Following up on last year’s NBA Jam reboot, EA is releasing NBA Jam: On Fire this October. Unlike last year’s title, this one will be downloadable. It will arrive on the PSN and XBLA in October and no price has been set as of yet. It is hoping to boast a healthy set of new features though such as vastly improved AI, a co-operative online campaign, roster updates and more! Check out the full press release below.
EA ANNOUNCES NBA JAM: ON FIRE EDITION, NEW DIGITAL DOWNLOAD COMING THIS FALL
Next NBA Simulation Title to Launch in 2012
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – April 5, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that an all-new digital download of EA SPORTS™ NBA JAM will be available in October. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is being developed for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and it will be available on PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will feature exciting new gameplay enhancements, including ground-breaking artificial intelligence that will change the way gamers play NBA JAM.
“EA SPORTS continues to support this iconic franchise through a new digital download and we’re taking everything fans loved about the original and adding a host of new features,” said Trey Smith, Line Producer, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition. “We’ve listened to all of the feedback from our fans and we are driven to deliver the very best NBA JAM experience to date.”
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition contains new gameplay features including:
· REAL AI: Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.
· JAM Arena– Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
· Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.
· Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!
· More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!
EA SPORTS has also announced that it will launch its next NBA simulation title in fall 2012.
“As planned, our next NBA simulation title is in development at our Tiburon Studio in Orlando,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “We have top talent on the game, and we’re giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience. We’re making great strides and looking forward to launching a new game next year.”
When it comes to sports games, aside from football, basketball is my favorite. I’ve always enjoyed the NBA Jam series and I have fond memories of the XBOX version which came out back in 2003. I think going the downloadable route with this title is a good call and it should be able to find success. I know I’ll be picking it up!