Starting on October 16, gamers will be able to become amusement park-owning gurus while on the go with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D. For fans of the series who’ve been following the development of this colourful handheld simulator, this release information will come as good news, given the fact that it had been listed under a very generic 2012 release window for quite some time.
Both newcomers and returning fans can look forward to an interesting assortment of version-specific features within Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D, including:
- A narrative driven mode known as Coaster Story, which offers tutorials, challenges and unlockable content.
- A first-person view during coaster rides, which takes full advantage of the 3DS’ glasses free 3D.
- The opportunity for players to customize their parks and rides using the device’s stylus and touch screen input combination.
- Users can take snapshots of their parks, which can then be sent to friends.
- Look around the park using the 3DS’ gyro sensor.
- Invite your MiiPlaza friends into your park or share created rides through Streetpass.
Check out the full press release below.
Atari Announces Launch Date for RollerCoaster® Tycoon 3D
One of the best-selling PC franchises of all time comes to Nintendo 3DS™ on Oct. 16, 2012
LOS ANGELES – Sept. 4, 2012 – Today Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, announced that it will release RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3D on Nintendo 3DS™ on Oct. 16, 2012.
Developed by n-Space, RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3D marks the return of one of the world’s most popular game franchises and delivers an innovative and robust theme park simulator to the next generation of Tycoon fans.
Since its inception in 1999, Chris Sawyer’s original RollerCoaster Tycoon and its sequels have captivated audiences with a gaming experience that put a whole new spin on the world of theme parks. Now, 12 years later and with over 11 million units sold, the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise makes its debut on a portable handheld for the first time ever.
New features exclusive to Nintendo 3DS include:
- An entirely new gameplay mode called “Coaster Story,” which blends tutorials and park challenges into a cohesive and entertaining narrative and offers players tons of special unlockable content
- A first-person view for coaster rides that fully immerses players with the innovative 3D display exclusive to Nintendo 3DS
- The ability to freely customize the design of roller coasters and theme parks with the use of a stylus and the touch-screen interface
- Just like at a real theme park, take a snapshot of yourself on a ride and share it with your friends
- Gyro sensor allows players to look around their theme park by simply tilting their Nintendo 3DS
- Create the ultimate coaster and easily share it with friends through StreetPass™
- Invite your Mii Plaza™ friends to your theme park
For more information about RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D, visit Facebook at facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon.