One of the most painful parts of being a gamer means having to admit that, most of the time, PC gamers have got it pretty good. Platforms such as Steam allow for experimentation with indie games, PC releases are generally cheaper, and they sometimes get the best releases earlier than us console dwellers. Such is the case with Sanctum 2, the addictive FPS/tower-defense hybrid game that was released almost a year ago.
Fans of the game on PC were lucky enough to have a constant stream of DLC released in the months following release while console fans waited patiently. Now that the last pack has been released on PC, the first two DLC packs have been combined and released on Xbox Live. To sweeten the deal, the pack will be on sale for $4.99 this weekend only.
Regularly priced at $14.99, that’s a steal for not one but two quality DLC packs. In case you don’t remember what those give you, check out the short list below:
Sanctum 2 Expansion Pack Key Features:
- Contains first two expansion packs for Sanctum 2 on PC: Road To Elysion and Ruins of Brightholme.
- New Playable Character — TSYGAN, the “Rogue Insurgent,” reveals the sinister origins to the colonization of LOEK III.
- Eight New Unique Maps – Bigger maps feature interactive elements that trigger events such as explosive traps and rising toxic liquid areas.
- Four Powerful Weapons – From the rapid-firing Gatling Laser to the decapitating attacks of the Circle Saw, new destructive toys bring dangerous fun.
- Four Additional Tower Defense Options – New tower defense structures include the range-increasing Range Spire, Rupture Mine Dispenser that produces mines that damage enemies based on the speed and distance traveled, and the unusually, random Makeshift Towers can fire with critical damage or shutdown at any time.
- Ferocious New Enemies – Mutated human horrors, high-leaping Jumpers that can vault over wall defenses in a single bound, and pesky flying boss monsters will challenge even the most-skilled Sanctum 2 players.
- Tons of Perks – More than a dozen new fun perks have been added to customize character’s abilities.
Developers Coffee Stain Studios have done an excellent job adding countless hours of replayability with these DLC packs, and fans of the game who have yet to pick them up should make sure to before the weekend is up. If you’re still not convinced, give the trailer below a watch and get downloading!