Nintendo has detailed what upgrades fans of Super Smash Bros. can expect in the upcoming, mandatory update for the 3DS version of the mascot brawler.
Coming by way of Nintendo’s official support blog, the most noteworthy addition is that of Share Mode, which will usher in a series of new-fangled features including a photo mode along with ability to replay in-game data. Here’s a detail breakdown of those features in question, along with a few caveats that echo The Big N’s recent approach to the YouTube Creators program.
- Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
- Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
- Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
- It may take some time to receive the data
- Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
- Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game
- Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community
In addition to this, with the arrival of the company’s New Nintendo 3DS XL hardware, Nintendo has also listed the ways in which owners of the handheld system can utilise Amiibo functionality.
- Nintendo 3DS/XL systems will be compatible with amiibo functionality using a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015 and the software update that will follow.
- In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.
- Please note: Once users install the update data (Ver. 1.0.5), they will no longer be able to play local multiplayer with users without the update installed. Additionally, any replay data that was saved prior to the update will no longer be playable.
- Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software’s online multiplayer features.
As we alluded to earlier, this update is mandatory for all Super Smash Bros. players, so best get downloading before jumping in for another batch of melee action with friends.