The first major patch for Dark Souls III rolls out to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC players today, Bandai Namco has announced. Update 1.04, which should be going live soon (if it hasn’t already), seems to be largely focusing on balancing certain weapon types and game-breaking issues affecting certain areas within the game.
“Battle performance” for specific weapons has been adjusted – presumably improved – as the weapons mentioned are notably weak, as well as “performance” adjustments for the Greatsword weapon class. Various Sorcery spells have also had their attributes tweaked.
See below for the full patch notes.
- Performance adjustment for “Greatsword”
- Battle performance adjustment for “Dancer’s Enchanted Sword”, “Winged Knight Twinaxes”
- Performance adjustment for “Soul’s Greatsword”, and “Farron Flashsword”
- Fix for issue where multiple items become impossible to use at “Road of Sacrifices”, “Farron Keep”, “Cathedral of the Deep” after clearing the game.
- General balance adjustments and bug fixes
Besides the above, Namco Bandai says that they want to assure fans that a fix for the ‘Regulations’ issue affecting the Xbox One version of the game is being worked on, although we’re not entirely sure what that is.
Dark Souls III released worldwide last week, April 12, and has already recorded both commercial and critical success. It also just recently emerged today that the PlayStation 4 is, so far, responsible for over 70% of total physical sales across all three platforms.
Tell us, have you been playing the game? If so, what do you think of it? Let us know below.