Do you believe in life after death? According to Blizzard Entertainment, the idea of resurrection is about to become a (virtual) reality in World Of Warcraft. In a post uploaded on the company’s official blog, the upcoming pre-Warlords Of Dreanor content patch will allow you to essentially “undelete” your characters.
“We’ll be holding deleted character names for a limited time,” the post reads, “and the original creator can reclaim it for use on a new character during that time. If you create a new character with the same name as one of your deleted characters (let’s say Flugur), the new character must be renamed, transferred, or deleted to complete the restoration of the original Flugur.”
Resurrecting your World Of Warcraft character will restore their achievements, items and gems. Effectively, it will be as if your character was never deleted in the first place. However, there will be limitations and not every single character will be eligible for a digital rebirth. According to the site, the limitations are as follows:
- Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55 are not eligible to be undeleted.
- Characters between level 10 and level 29 will no longer be recoverable after 90 days.
- Characters between level 30 and 49 will no longer be recoverable after 120 days.
- All other characters level 50 and above are eligible to be undeleted at any time.
- Please keep in mind you will only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.
For those who don’t know, Warlords Of Dreanor is the fifth expansion pack for the hugely successful World Of Warcraft MMO. It will take place after the events of Mists Of Pandaria (the previous expansion) and will be set in an alternate universe on the original homeworld of the orcs, Draenor. The expansion is scheduled for release on November 13th 2014.
Source: Game Informer