One glance at Hollywood’s release schedule will tell you that the next 12 months will herald other blockbuster heavyweights in the vein of Deadpool 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix and Juan Antonio Bayona’s star-studded sequel, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
But with so much riding on Infinity War‘s burly shoulders – it is the culmination of a decade-long arc – Marvel fans are already heavily invested in Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, and sure enough, IMDb has revealed Avengers: Infinity War to be the most-anticipated film of 2018. The Internet’s go-to movie database curated all of its many page views to confirm that, yes, Infinity War emerged on top, followed by Ryan Coogler’s Black Panther spinoff.
Other notable entries include Tomb Raider and The Predator, which is all the more surprising when you consider that Shane Black’s R-rated reboot has been pushed all the way back to August. Fittingly, Ocean’s Eight placed eighth, and it should be noted that this statistic is subject to change depending on Internet traffic.
1. Avengers: Infinity War (May 4th, 2018)
2. Black Panther (February 16th, 2018)
3. Deadpool 2 (June 1st, 2018)
4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22nd, 2018)
5. Tomb Raider (March 16th, 2018)
6. Pacific Rim Uprising ( March 23rd, 2018)
7. The Predator (August 3rd, 2018)
8. Ocean’s Eight (June 8, 2018)
9. Mission: Impossible 6 (July 27, 2018)
10. Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25, 2018)
And with 2017 quickly drawing to a close, IMDb went on to reveal the most-searched movies of 2017, where It chewed its way to the #1 spot. An honorable mention goes to M. Night Shyamalan’s Split too, which earned enough at the worldwide box office to warrant a sequel: Glass.
2. Wonder Woman
3. Beauty and the Beast
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
6. Justice League
8. Alien: Covenant
9. Thor: Ragnarok
10. Blade Runner 2049
Looking further afield, Avengers: Infinity War has been booked in for release on May 4th, 2018, and it’ll seemingly deliver a satisfying arc for one Clint Barton.