The first trailer for the Child’s Play reboot has been rumored to be appear sometime this week and a new press release from Orion Pictures seemingly confirms that it’ll arrive on Friday, February 8th.
The announcement takes the form of a fictional press release for Kaslan Corp, the company set to be featured in the movie, in which they promise that their latest product, a toy named Buddi that uses cutting edge artificial intelligence, will be unveiled at the end of this week.
The piece teases that Buddi’s intended to be an interactive, tactile cousin of home-based A.I. assistants like Alexa or Siri and a “new best friend” for every child. It also boasts a range of “killer” features and programming. Doesn’t sound like anything can go wrong with it whatsoever, right?
MORE FROM THE WEB
Check out the full press release below:
Kaslan Corp, the world’s leading developer of interactive tech products for home and lifestyle, is excited to reveal a revolutionary new product – the Artificial Intelligence human companion, Buddi. A child’s playmate and new best friend, Buddi will change the lives of everyone in the family in unimaginable ways. Able to connect to and control Kaslan’s wide range of tech products and all smart home devices, Buddi is the world’s most advanced AI human companion to date and will be available nationwide on June 21, 2019.
Consumers have been living with AI assistants in their homes for nearly eight years with the introduction of Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa and other devices. You can ask AI assistants to play a song, provide directions, forecast the weather, turn off your house lights and much more. But to date, a true relationship building opportunity with AI has been outside the bounds of imagination.
“The leap we’re making beyond any current AI technology presents a similar gulf between the calculator and the most advanced smartphone assistants. Buddi® is where we’ve all been headed in the field of AI, and I’m proud to say that Kaslan Corporation is bringing that future into the homes of families across the world,” said Henry Kaslan, founder/CEO of Kaslan Corporation.
Buddi features an exciting range of killer tech and programming, including:
– Highly intricate cloud-backed voice recognition engine capable of identifying speech and comprehension of inflection, tonality and subtle variations in the human voice
– Ability to learn from human interaction and via 20 sensors and cameras that provide real-time information about its environment
– State-of-the-art sensor design providing high resolution image recognition and grip sensitivity
– Preloaded with the ability to comprehend and converse in both English and Spanish, with the option for language expansion via the Kaslan Language Acquisition App
– Connectivity to the latest Kaslan products including the Kaslan HUB home controller, Kaslan VAC robotic vacuum, Kaslan Speakers, Kaslan Drone, the self-driving Kaslan Kar, and other smart home devices
– And so much more!
The release also came with a video in which the CEO of the fictional corporation, Henry Kaslan (The West Wing’s Tim Matheson), promises that the Buddi doll will be the greatest toy on the market. As this makes clear, the new Child’s Play won’t be about a doll possessed by the spirit of a serial killer like the original series but will be more of a Westworld-type tale of A.I. gone wrong.
Child’s Play hits theaters on June 21st – the same day as Toy Story 4 – and as soon as the first trailer drops, we’ll be sure to have it for you.
Source: Bloody Digusting