Whether it’s the Skwad tattoos or those early set photos that showcased Task Force X coming together on the streets of Toronto, there’s a real sense of camaraderie oozing out of David Ayer’s Suicide Squad, and a new mobile game released today allows you to enlist in the director’s wicked ensemble.
Entitled Suicide Squad: Special Ops, the freemium title is available to download on compatible iOS and Android devices, allowing you to pick up arms as either Deadshot, Harley Quinn or Diablo to ward off critters of the Adversary. That action plays out from a first-person perspective, and you can have a gander at the list of features included in the mobile title, below.
- First person shooter action optimized for mobile play.
- Survive as long as you can against increasingly challenging enemies.
- Master Harley’s, Deadshot’s and Diablo’s weapons and special abilities.
- Explore the city to locate health packs, ammo and upgrades in order to survive against your enemies.
- Compete against other players in a daily, weekly and all-time leader board.
- Record HD footage while playing and share it on social media.
As for David Ayer’s feature, it’s set for release on August 5 in North America and will star Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney, Viola Davis, Cara Delevingne, Ben Affleck, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jay Hernandez, Adam Beach and Scott Eastwood.
If you’re not up to speed on the lore, our own Sarah Myles presented an in-depth overview of Suicide Squad in all of their wicked, unspeakable glory.