MovieWeb is reporting that they have been given a trailer description for the upcoming Spider-Man reboot, The Amazing Spider-Man. Sony reported that they were bringing the film to Comic-Con 2011 and judging by the trailer description, it looks like we’re in for a real treat. If you don’t want to ruin the surprise, then make sure to skip this next part. If you don’t mind though, read it and start building some anticipation!
• “Trailer opens with Peter Parker [Andrew Garfield] being beaten by bullies, one of which is played by Chris Zylka.
• Shots of Dr.Connors [Rhys Ifans] being injected by a greenish fluid in a lab.
• Shot of Parker being bitten by a spider,in his own house in what appears to be an attic lab.
• Shots of Gwen Stacy’s face, Uncle Ben’s face and Aunt May’s face.
• Shot of an alley with Ben [Martin Sheen] and Parker, then one of a dying Ben who utters ‘With Greatest power must come greatest responsibility, never forget that.’
• Shot of Parker putting on the costume, camera angle from his back. He turns and is now atop The Empire State Building.
• Goes black for a few seconds, we hear some monstrous sounds and cut to Connors’ lab where his foot transforms into a scaly one. Goes black and we hear roars.
• Then we see a giant web with the title The Amazing Spider-Man. Coming Next Summer in 3d and Imax.”
That sounds like one awesome trailer and if it’s 100% true, then that means we’ll get the first glimpses of Martin Sheen playing Uncle Ben and Rhys Ifans playing Dr. Connors, two very pivotal characters in the Spider-Man universe.
Personally, I’m curious to see how the tone of the film is handled. Will it be more realistic and dark or fun and adventurous like the previous films? I’m hoping they make it darker, especially considering the wonderful cast of actors and actresses they have this time around.
I’m also really excited to see Andrew Garfield in the lead role. While I can’t see him as the masked web slinger just yet, I’m intrigued to see what he brings to the role. Nothing against Tobey Maguire, but I never thought of him as a serious actor, at least not until I saw his performance in Brothers. Still, I didn’t love Maguire in the Spider-Man role and I’m hoping Garfield makes for a better hero.
The Amazing Spider-Man stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen and Denis Leary, with Marc Webb directing. It will be released in theaters next summer on July 3rd, 2012, in 3D and IMAX.