We Got This Covered is looking for new writers! We’ve been actively seeking new staff members for a while now and the search continues.
If you enjoy writing, or just sharing your thoughts/opinions in general, you may want to read on. We’re looking for writers who enjoy entertainment and would like to write about movies, music, gaming, sports or television. Additionally, we’re looking for people with some prior writing experience (though it’s not a requirement) and we’re looking for people who have the availability to write 1-2 posts per day, whether that be a news post, review, feature etc.
Compensation, salary, perks and other benefits will be discussed upon hiring and if you’re a journalism student or just looking for some experience, we are more than happy to give you letters of recommendation or act as a place of internship for any type of educational program that may require it.
Please note, writers MUST be able to submit ready-to-publish articles. That means spelling, grammar, punctuation and formatting must be up to acceptable standards.
Lastly, you must be at least 19 years old to apply.
- Creativity: We want people who are full of ideas/clever angles and will be vocal about suggesting ways for us to continue improving.
- Location: If you’re based in NYC or LA that is a major bonus as it helps us cover numerous events that are held in these two cities, events which we will give you access to.
- WordPress: Any knowledge or experience with WordPress is considered a bonus.
- Knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization): If you’re knowledgeable about SEO and can leverage this in your articles, that’s another bonus.
- Industry Experience: If you have experience in the industry you want to write on that would be very beneficial to us. This includes having sources in the entertainment/sports world.
THE JOB ITSELF:
- This is a work-from-home job that can be done at your own leisure. Although we strongly urge all writers to contribute 1-2 posts per day, efforts to contribute more will be greatly appreciated.
- Word count is set at 150 words minimum for all news posts and 500 words minimum for reviews/features.
- As for submitting your work, you will enter it into WordPress and be expected to format it accordingly (we will teach you how). Once formatted, you’ll be able to publish it (editorial approval may or may not be necessary).
- In terms of payment and rates, we offer non-competitive rates that heavily depend on how much content you produce and how well it does with our audience. Payment will only be offered through PayPal and on a monthly basis.
If you’re still interested, please contact email@example.com for all gaming writer applications and firstname.lastname@example.org for movie, TV, sports and music writer applications. Please include your name, location, a writing sample and any prior experience. Also, feel free to mention if you fit into any of the bonuses listed above.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.