King Charles III has publicly stated his full support for the police investigation into his brother, formerly known as Prince Andrew, following Andrew’s arrest. Andrew was arrested by British police at his home in England. Authorities took him into custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
This arrest comes after years of intense scrutiny over his long association with convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Epstein supposedly died by suicide in his Manhattan jail cell in 2019 while he was awaiting trial on federal sex trafficking charges.
King Charles has now issued a public statement, sharing that he is deeply concerned after learning of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest. As found by TMZ, this was a direct statement from the head of the royal to let this happen to his younger brother. Charles said there will be a “full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.”
The king is working with the authorities against the prince
The King also pledged his “wholehearted support and co-operation” to the authorities. He made it clear that he will not comment further as the legal process takes its course, as the former prince’s crimes come to light. It shows that even within the highest echelons of society, the legal process is expected to run its course without interference.
This isn’t the first time King Charles has taken a firm stand regarding his brother. Just last October, Charles stripped Andrew of his royal titles. That decision followed significant public outcry and negative publicity surrounding Andrew’s ties to Epstein. It seems like the King is consistent in his approach to these matters, especially with the public wanting answers.

Unfortunately, King Charles did not acknowledge questions from the press about his brother’s arrest. This aligns with his statement that he will not comment further, which makes sense given the ongoing investigation.
Meanwhile, the family of Virginia Giuffre has publicly reacted to the arrest. Giuffre, who was the first to accuse Andrew of sexual assault, died by suicide last year. Her family applauded Thames Valley Police after the former prince was taken into custody.
Giuffre’s family told CBS News that their “broken hearts have been lifted at the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty.” They added a statement extending their gratitude to the UK’s Thames Valley Police for their investigation and the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. I think this really highlights the impact this situation has had on those directly affected, and it underlines the public’s desire for justice.
Published: Feb 20, 2026 06:09 am