Like Tara, Clay is so entwined with the storyline on Sons of Anarchy that you can’t be a true fan without accepting them, at least in a small way. This season of SOA has in part been dedicated to Clay’s redemption which makes his last scene even more unsettling to watch. His death, although gruesome, closed a lot of doors for the club, but also put them in a position in which there is no going back from. The Irish will either accept the situation for what it is, or the District Attorney won’t have to worry about a pending Rico case because there won’t be anyone left to put on trial.
There was a moment where I literally held my breath hoping that Tara would take this opportunity as a chance to right things with Jax. I don’t necessarily need them to be together, or to agree on what’s best for their sons, but it would be nice if they could co-exist. Jax always intended to help Tara even though he was fully aware of what she intended for him – divorce, taking his children. I wonder how much she’s considering protecting him now that she has the chance to take a cushy spot in witness protection and live out her days as another person, in another place, with her sons. Would she ever really be able to stop looking over her shoulder if she did?
With only 2 episodes left for Sons of Anarchy this season and so much still hanging in the balance, it’s hard to say which story arc will find itself wrapped up in a tidy bow before it’s over. I’d like to see Tara place herself firmly on one side or another now that she looks like she’s truly considering the ramifications of her options. She couldn’t let Bobby (Mark Boone Junior) because she actually cares about him, and maybe realizing that will weigh on her enough to reconsider where she might take things.
Let us know what all your thoughts about the latest episode of Sons of Anarchy, and what you’d like to see happen as we barrel toward the end.
Until next time.
- Happy was M.I.A. – I wonder if he’s getting tired of Chinese food yet.
- If the Irish had been more proactive, this entire situation might have been avoided.
- There are a lot of guns involved in getting out of guns..
- How horrible were those matching uniforms? Even Jax couldn’t pull of that look.
- This episode of Sons of Anarchy featured some great background tunes!
- Grandma is not dead.
- Nice throwback reference – Opie, Half-Sac, etc.
- Unser admitting to Gemma he was in love with her – priceless!
- I love that Tig was assigned the pink truck.
- Nice Mob Doctor reference, Tara!
- R.I.P. Clay.