The Sons of Anarchy aren’t sitting down and playing dead just yet though. Despite the extended absence of a combined thought process for most of the season, the club is finally working together and coming up with an actual strategy to deal with the mess that has landed at their doorstep.
All I have to say is that Galen (Timothy V. Murphy) has it coming. He’s been working against the club from the time that Jax took the reigns, out of a misguided sense of loyalty to his old friend Clay. Honestly, I feel like that relationship is way more one-sided than Clay would ever readily admit. Being on the right side of the right people is strategic, and is the only thing keeping him alive at this point. Yet, Galen isn’t family, and he never will be for Clay what it appears Clay is to him.
Clay may be a lot of things, but ultimately he cares about Jax, even if he has had trouble showing it. Moving forward, I think we are going to have the opportunity to see this first hand as Clay takes up a position within the organization that is beneficial to Jax’s mission. I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be Clay’s one chance at redemption that we’ve been waiting for. Setting Galen up, and getting the club clear of the gun business, sounds like it would make for a much better apology than a simple “I’m sorry!” card.
The only major glitch would be the Irish Kings. Hopefully, they will be able to see that Galen is an obstacle standing in their way of progress, not an ally, and refrain from making SAMCRO number 1 on their hit list. Otherwise, Patterson (CCH Pounder) will look like one of those tiny yappy dogs compared to the threat that the Real IRA would be to their survival.
Sons of Anarchy is wrapping up its season as we head into these final few weeks, and it looks like there’s going to be some explosive events to come. Let us know in the comment section below what storylines you want to see tied up by the end of the season, and which ones you’d like to see revisited in season 7!
- Was that Gemma’s attempt to pray or was she just watching Nero sleep?
- When did the parrot lose his perch to crows?
- I’m still waiting for Roosevelt to come over to the dark side.
- I loved how the guys walked through the broken window when the open door was 3 feet away!
- Clay pulling a Mike Tyson on that guy’s nose was pretty brutal.
- I felt a little bad for Lowen. First of all, she looked like she was about to break in half – someone please give her a cookie. And second, she has tried to reason with Tara. She didn’t deserve that hostile Jax moment. She’s definitely scarred for life at this point.
- Jax looking the other way and helping the girl and her father was a very decent gesture.
- I’m pretty sure that Jax (like predicted) now feels really bad about yelling at his mother, or will when he stops plotting how to deal with Tara for a moment.