Indie publisher Team17 have announced that the Unicube-developed Sheltered will launch on March 15. The post-apocalyptic survival thriller, which has been in Steam Early Access since August 2015, will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, MAC and Linux.
Taking place following the events of a devastating global apocalypse, Sheltered puts you in charge of protecting a family of four. The family made it to a shelter together, but in order for everyone to survive, they must learn to adapt. This means surviving both mental and physical anguish, as well as learning how to properly scavenge. During your time in the wasteland, you’ll have to make many difficult choices and one bad choice could destroy the family you sought to protect.
Unicube have been hard at work on Sheltered over the past few months, and the final product boasts several notable features.
- Family Comes First: Keep your family alive and protect them from the ravages of the harsh post-apocalyptic world
- Pets: Your pet is family too. Choose between the dog, cat, fish, snake or horse
- Make The Shelter A Home: Maintain your shelter – keep it secure, habitable and make sure that the family have enough resources to survive. Protect your shelter from hazards and infiltration!
- Crafting System: Create comforts for your family’s shelter and weapons for combat
- Customization: Your family is unique to you; you decide their gender, names and their appearance
- Exploration: Send out your family to explore and gather resources for everyday living and crafting
- Recruitment System: Recruit outsiders with different personalities, integrate them into your shelter life and earn their loyalty
- RPG Mechanics: As your family develop, their stats will adapt with an evolving experience and trauma system. Attributes, strengths and weaknesses will dynamically change based on your choices
- Dynamic Encounter System: Your family will encounter various threats including roaming factions and feral beasts
- Turn-Based Combat: For those that cannot be reasoned with, violence can be used as a last resort. Your family may depend on
- Vehicles: Make exploration quicker and safer
- Bloodlines: Extend your family lineage
Considering the size of the team behind it, Sheltered looks to be a sizable adventure. While I haven’t had a chance to play the Early Access version of the title, I’m intrigued by both the unique look of it, and all of the options given to aid your survival. Learning how to survive in a barren wasteland should be difficult, and I like seeing Unicube embrace that challenge.
Are you interested in exploring the apocalypse-ravaged world of Sheltered when it launches next week? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.