Under the Marvel banner, it appears Star Wars fans will be given a fight that they may not have necessarily known they needed. As far as longed-for battles go, Chewbacca and Darth Vader may not have been high up on your list, but now that it’s been spoken into existence, it sounds like a pretty kickass idea.
And now that you’ve heard it, you can prepare to experience the matchup later this fall once Star Wars #74 releases.
In terms of practicality – while you can’t really say the grounds on which walking fuzz-balls and Sith Lords are really practical – a hand-to-hand fight with Darth Vador doesn’t sound like the best idea for the Millenium Falcon’s co-pilot. But a quick look at the cover for the upcoming issue indicates that this is exactly what’s going to happen come November.
You can check it out for yourself down below:
MORE FROM THE WEB
Now, how could a Wookie possibly overpower a Sith Lord? Well, given that this is one of the teases CBR’s synopsis makes, you’ll have to wait and see. And here’s everything else you need to know about the upcoming comic:
- GREG PAK (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
- ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
- STAR WARS GREATEST MOMENTS VARIANT COVER by PAULINE VOß
- WOOKIEE VS. SITH!
- Our three stories converge as the rebels’ plan to destroy the Empire’s fleet come to a head! But can LUKE really trust the grifter WARBA CALIP?
- Can HAN, LEIA, and DAR CHAMPION survive a head-on battle with a STAR DESTROYER?
- And what happens when CHEWBACCA takes on LORD VADER himself in hand-to-hand combat?
- And the Rebellion’s search for a new home…a base safe from the reach of the Empire…begins.
- 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
- Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.
To me, the force capabilities and lightsaber skill Vader possesses sounds like enough to take on anything, man or beast – I mean, did you see what he did to that Rebel scum at the end of Rogue One? But given my extensive knowledge of the LEGO Star Wars video game from back in the day, I also remember Chewbacca ripping Stormtroopers’ arms out of their socket with ease. So maybe this fight is more even than I’m giving it credit for.
But be sure to check out Star Wars #74 this November to see just how the mega battle plays out.