Well, here we are. It may have taken a little longer than expected, but 2K Games has finally confirmed BioShock: The Collection‘s existence after several retailer leaks outed it earlier this year. Following the tease yesterday on a Twitter page created especially by 2K that simply read “Welcome to Rapture! Would you kindly follow @BioShock?”, 2K has now confirmed that the compilation will launch for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on September 16 and include all three games, their respective DLC and some new bonus content.
A never-before-seen commentary series featuring BioShock creative director Ken Levine and animation lead Shawn Robertson will be included and, as stated by GameInformer, all three titles will be upgraded to 1080p/60fps on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Interestingly, 2K has confirmed that BioShock Infinite won’t be remastered for PC, as it “already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings.”
See below for a full rundown of the content that will be included with the compendium. Alternatively, you can watch the announcement trailer above.
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (Multiplayer will not be included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.