After recently announcing that there would be free content coming to those who are fighting for ownership of the Ark in Brink, Bethesda has now revealed full details of the first content pack. The Agents of Change Pack has yet to be given an official release date, but the game’s publisher revealed that it will contain two new maps, five new abilities, a handful of weapon attachments and new character clothing options.
Here is an in-depth look at the content that will be coming via the Agents of Change Pack, as detailed by Bethesda:
– Founders’ Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island’s iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.
– Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.
New Player Abilities:
– UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
– Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
– Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
– Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
– Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.
New Weapon Attachments:
– Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
– Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.
New Character Outfits:
– The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
– The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police.”
In related news: those who want to check their stats online, the publisher has set-up a Brink statistics site, where gamers of all regions can go to crunch their numbers. It is up for console owners, with PC user statistics available soon.
The online mode’s lag issues were addressed via a recent patch/update, so hopefully everything is working fine now. The game has some good bones, but its previously crippling lag issues made it hard to enjoy its competitive online modes.