Diablo III is quickly becoming a creepy ex-girlfriend. No matter how many times I’ve told myself I need to move on or that it’s not a good fit for me, I always manage to come back when she promises to change for me. This really can’t be healthy.
Today, Blizzard announced the largest addition by far to Diablo III earlier today: a brand new level system for players who have already maxed out. 100 new “Paragon” levels are waiting to be tackled with improved Magic and Gold Find, some better base stats and, undoubtedly the most important addition, a “distinctive increasingly-impressive border” for your character portrait.
Blizzard gave us a ton of details on what we can find on their official blog, but here’s a breakdown if you want to save on some reading.
- The base level cap is still 60. At that point, any further experience you earn will start counting towards Paragon levels
- There are 100 Paragon levels
- With every Paragon level, you’ll receive:
- Core stats such as Dexterity, Strength, Vitality and Intelligence similar to what you’d gain from a normal level.
- 3% Magic and Gold Find
- Every ten levels, your in game character portrait will get an increasingly impressive border.
It’s not a solution that will please everyone; some players have already raised concern that high-level characters can tear through enemies with reckless abandon. However, anyone with a level 60 character will probably be glad to simply have something to do.