Disney Interactive is primed to upgrade its lucrative toys-to-life franchise, after the company announced today that Disney Infinity 3.0 will debut for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Wii U on August 28 and August 30 in Europe and North America, respectively.
Priced at $64.99, the easiest point of entry for newcomers will be the game’s starer pack, one which will bundle together the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Base along with the Star Wars Twilight of the Republic play set and two character figures in the form of Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker. As the concept art and trailers have showcased, Disney’s beloved galactic franchise will be making a big splash in the company’s latest installment, and they will be ensuring that a variety of add-ons will be available at launch.
- Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set (Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano figures included) for players who choose to digitally download the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Software; additional standalone figures (Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi) and Power Disc Pack
- Star Wars Rebels figures (Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, and Zeb Orrelios)
- Star Wars Saga Starter Pack
- Disney Pixar’s Inside Out Play Set (Joy and Anger figures included) and additional standalone figures (Sadness, Disgust and Fear)
- Disney figures (Mickey, Minnie, Mulan, Olaf, Sam Flynn and Quorra)
- Tomorrowland Power Disc Pack
This content will lay the foundations for the release of Rise of the Empire in October, which will render some of the most memorable moments from the original trilogy – specifically, between Episode IV and VI.
Disney Infinity 3.0 will be the latest addition to the company’s ever-growing family of toys when the sequel launches across multiple platforms on August 30 in the States.