Given that publisher Warner Bros. opted to postpone the physical release of Dying Light in Europe and other PAL regions, it was inevitable that users would flock to the digital version in their droves. However, those on PlayStation 4 have encountered a bug that prevents downloading the open-world zombie title via the PlayStation Store.
At the time of writing, the issue remains unfixed, though users have found a workaround that essentially forces the software to download via the PlayStation companion app.
- Download and open the PlayStation App on your mobile device.
- Connect your device to your PS4 by clicking the ‘Connect to PS4’ button.
- Click ‘Store’ on the top left of the app’s home screen. This should load the PlayStation Store in your mobile browser.
- Search for Dying Light.
- Click the button to download the game to your PS4.
- You should now see a notification on your PS4 confirming that the game has begun downloading.
Failing that, you should be able to circumvent the bug by accessing the PS Store via your computer, then booting up the download on the PlayStation 4 by following the steps above.
Stay tuned to We Got This Covered over the coming days as we’ll have our own review of Dying Light for you to enjoy.