As Internet sleuths so rightly discovered a few weeks ago, EA and Visceral Games are preparing to roll out a Premium subscription service in tandem with the imminent launch of Battlefield: Hardline.
In keeping with previous installments in the franchise, the membership scheme will give users instant access to four post-launch expansions and an array of in-game extras, including members-only tournaments.
Due to arrive for consoles on PC on March 17, Visceral’s maiden entry into the blockbuster series will swap out the military milieu in favor of a cops-versus-robbers dynamic, with the studio taking inspiration from cinematic thrillers such as Michael Mann’s Heat. In order to gain a gist of what Battlefield: Hardline‘s Premium service has to offer, you can consult the comprehensive list below.
- Masks – New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask.
- Gun Bench – Provides players with the ability to visually customize their weapons and track their kills per weapon.
- Competitive Play – Support for competitive play through Battlefield Hardline Premium-access only tournaments and ladders.
- Legendary Status – Provides replayability of the entire progression system.
- Four digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps, modes, vehicles, in-game content and a story themed throughout all four:
- Battlefield Hardline: Criminal Activity – Players have to make a name for themselves in fast-paced, highly-destructible new maps littered with small-time crime jobs. Available summer 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Robbery – Take down the opposition head on and progress through key locations with major cinematic action. Available summer 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Getaway – This is frantic, high-speed chases that immerse players deeper in the heist. Available fall 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal – There is a rat in every operation and players will have to find out who to trust. Available winter early 2016.
- Two weeks early access to all expansion packs.
- 12 Gold Battlepacks.
- New personalization options including gun camos, ammo skins, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive in-game items.
- Access to double-XP, in-game missions, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive events.
- Priority position in server queues