Air, Land and Sea. That’s the title of Just Cause 3‘s appropriately bonkers expansion pass, and after Square Enix and Avalanche caused chaos in the air with Sky Fortress earlier this year, we now have word of the second mainline installment for the action sequel.
Entitled Mech Land Assault, the DLC will be priced at $11.99 (€11.99/£9.49) as a standalone purchase – the expansion pass, meanwhile, is available for $24.99/€24.99/£19.99 – and is set to take place on the all-new and beautiful island of Lacrima.
It’s not all sunshine and rainbows, though, after Rico uncovers a mysterious and abandoned research facility housing giant mechs. Ruling over that small army of bipedal machines is the Black Hand, and in the screenshots above, you can get a glimpse of the explosive action that awaits.
Here’s an overview, courtesy of Square Enix:
- Pilot two types of powerful Mech and drive them anywhere in Medici.
- Unleash the Mech’s Gravitational Remote Influence Projector or “GRIP” to attract and hurl objects at your enemies.
- Jump and smash helicopters from the sky or ground pound tanks with the GRIPS’s “Force Pulse” attack.
- Prove your skills and earn upgrades in Mech arena challenges.
- Call in a Rebel Mech buddy for extra firepower when the going gets tough.
- Includes a powerful new energy weapon, the Bavarium Power Core rifle.
Just Cause 3 Season Pass holders can expect Mech Land Assault to deploy on June 3, before opening up for all users on June 10.