Good news ahead, Fortnite fans. Summer is in full swing and Epic has decided to celebrate the seasonal shift with a brand new event. Due to run for the suitable length of a fortnight, 14 Days of Summer boasts a daily rotating playlist of Limited-Time Modes to engage with. Some of these appear to be wholly unique to the battle royale’s latest event, though most will no doubt be familiar to longtime players. Worth noting, however, is the return of several special event modes like Wick’s Bounty.
For those that missed it the first time around earlier this year, the John Wick tie-in offered up several lucrative rewards, not least an exclusive skin depicting the famed assassin himself. Those wishing to prep for its return can find our entire breakdown of Wick’s Bounty challenges and rewards over here, though beware that Epic could decide to make several changes for its second coming.
In addition to the above, a new batch of challenges curated specifically for Fortnite‘s summer of fun has been provided. Check them out below:
- Dance at different beach parties
- Bounce a giant beach ball in different matches
- Eliminations with the daily unvaulted weapon or Drumgun
- Thank the Bus Driver and finish top 20 in different matches
- Pop party balloon decorations
- Search unicorn floaties at swimming holes
- Hit a player with a water balloon in different matches
- Bounce off of a giant beach umbrella in different matches
- Score trick points with a Driftboard with the Neon Tropics applied to it
- Launch fireworks found along the river bank
- Get a score of 10 or more on a Carnival Clown Board
- Visit a giant beach umbrella and a huge rubber ducky in a single match
- Search the hidden seashell in the beach themed loading screen
- Destroy frills with the Low n’ Slow Harvesting Tool
Never one to take half measures, Epic is also unvaulting various weapons over the course of summer. Rather than leave them in-game permanently, however, each will only stick around for a 24-hour period before being swiftly placed behind lock and key once more.
One weapon that’s sticking around for the foreseeable future, though, is the Revolver. This modern take on a classic is now obtainable in all standard modes and comes in Epic and Legendary variants. With a 6 round magazine and a headshot multiplier on its resume, expect this hand cannon to pack a punch. As with most firearms, the Revolver can be found in all the usual places.
That about wraps up all the major talking points for Fortnite‘s latest patch. Be sure to check in with us later in the week though for the latest round of weekly challenges and its accompanying cheat sheet!