When I recently reviewed LittleBigPlanet 3, I said that despite having a fun and creative campaign and plenty of enticing new features for level creation, a number of noticeable glitches brought the overall package down a bit. It now seems that Sony and developer Sumo Digital are taking the first step toward addressing some of these, as Update 1.03 has gone live on PlayStation Network for both the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game.
Clocking in at 102.5 MB for PS3 and 365.5 MB for PS4, the update will address several occasions that have the potential to induce lag or freezes. The ability to import collectibles from LittleBigPlanet 2 has also been updated to include more items, though it was noted that some will still be missing for the time being.
The full list of updates can be seen below:
- Fixed an issue that could cause severe Popit lag, if the player has a large number of Share screenshots saved in their PS4 Capture Gallery.
- Fixed an issue that prevents players from being able to place down Stickers.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the game to freeze when importing a LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2 Profile on PlayStation 3.
- Numerous improvements to the handling of save data to improve general stability.
- Collecting Collectabells from a Community Level will no longer add to the Collectabell total for the main Adventure.
- Sending an Invite Request or a Join Request to another user will now send them the correct notification to allow them to accept or decline this request.
- All users will now be able to see the correct chat indicator when a user is entering text.
- Updated the Wonderplane Wanderer Trophy’s description to be more accurate across localisations.
LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Content
- Using Unlock LittleBigPlanet 2 Content in your Pause Menu will now import the majority of your earned LittleBigPlanet 2 Content.
Note: A number of items will still be missing after this import; these will become available in a future update.
- Community levels published in LittleBigPlanet 2 now display an appropriate icon to distinguish them from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 3 levels.
- Improved audio synchronisation with subtitles across a number of localisations.
- Fixed a number of stability issues that may cause the game to freeze on a loading screen when a network error occurs.
- Improved stability of the Community UI when browsing levels to prevent the game freezing.
- A number of improvements have been made to the Dynamic Thermometer functionality of our Adventure mode’s hub levels to improve functionality and general stability. This includes the saving the state of Manglewood Swamp with the rare “broken bridge” occurrence.
Note: If you have encountered this Manglewood Swamp issue. You will need to delete your Adventure Save Data since the Manglewod Swamp level will be saved in this broken state.
- Fixed a game divergence issue caused by frequent and rapid use of the Character Changer.
- Fixed an infinite loading loop that could be caused by using the Grief Report tool and then entering a level whilst in an Adventure Hub.
Adventure – Prologue – Newton’s Airship
- Fixed a divergence issues that may occur when playing Newton’s Airship with multiple players.
Adventure – Prologue – Tinpot Towers/A Night on the Tiles
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the story from progressing after the prologue, if the player skips the cutscene after the Prologue’s boss.
Adventure – Manglewood Swamp
- Numerous stability fixes to prevent the game from freezing when loading in and out of the Manglewood hub level.
- Fixed a game freezing issue that may occur when trying to spawn from a specific Checkpoint.
- The six Collectabells that may disappear after entering the Back in the Saddle level link will no longer disappear.
Adventure – Manglewood – Shake, Rattle & Roll
- Fixed an issue where the player would not respawn after being killed by the “trick” Velociporter.
- Fixed an issue where the player may sometimes not respawn at one of the Checkpoints in the Strawberry area of this level.
Adventure – Ziggurat – Docking Area
- Fixed an issue with the game diverging for some users when progressing through this level.
Adventure – Ziggurat – Go Loco
- Fixed a divergence issue that may occur when a fourth player joins the session whilst playing Go Loco.
Adventure – Bunkum Lagoon – Cloud Caravan
- Fixed a divergence issue when completing Cloud Caravan with more than one player.
Adventure – Bunkum Lagoon – Contraption Challenge: Joust In Time
- Fixed an issue that caused the level to disappear if an Online Player uses the Rewind function of the Popit Powerup whilst the Host Player does not have the Popit Powerup equipped.
Adventure – Manglewood – Lights, Camera, Traction!
- Players can no longer escape from the level’s boundaries by remaining on the wooden pillar after the 2nd rocket has been fired at the Titan.
Popit Puzzle – Popit Academy Term 2 – Velociporters and Teleporters
- Fixed a level escape that allowed players to exit the level area.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the game to freeze when backing up a level on your Moon.
- Fixed an error that occasionally prevented the player’s own Level Backups from being imported.
- The full range of LittleBigPlanet 3 Sound Objects will now be usable in LittleBigPlanet 3.
- Fixed a divergence issue caused when the Host Player repeated Pauses and Un-pauses the Create Mode session.
- The Broadcast Microchip will now correctly save any tweaks that are applied to it.
More Stories – History Kit – Step Through Time
- The Goodies and Prizes percentage will now correctly update for this level.
Costume – Knights of Old: Misunderstood Dragon (Green)
- Selecting the green Misunderstood Dragon Costume will now apply the Misunderstood Dragon Skin as part of the costume.
Costume – Mythical Creatures: Minotaur Costume
- The Minotaur Skin is now available to be selected from the Materials page of the Customise Character menu and the in-game Store.
- Numerous fixes for previously released LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Level Packs as part of an on-going effort to make these packs available to play in LittleBigPlanet 3 at a later date.
Note: These packs are currently unavailable to re-download for LittleBigPlanet 3.
We will continue to release updates to fix known issues overtime and to improve game stability for everybody.
Listed below are a few of the high-frequency issues affecting a large number that we’re aware of and actively working to resolve in an upcoming update.
Note: If possible, a known workaround is also provided to help you circumvent the issue until we can roll-out a proper fix for the issue.
- End of Level Completion Prizes not appearing in Popit
Players Popits are not updating with the rewards for Level Completion, Level Acing and 100% Prize Bubble Collection.Issue Workaround:
Within your Pause Menu, scroll down to Profile and enable “Collect Community Prizes”.
This will allow you to collect your prizes for completing a level until we can roll-out a proper fix.
- Pressing L3 in Create Mode Affects All Players
Pressing L3 to enter Preview Mode activates everyone’s Preview Mode instead of enabling it for just the activating player.Issue Workaround:
Enabling “Preview” in the Pause Menu will not affect other users.
- Hearting Tools adds them to the Popit outside of Create Mode
Whilst Hearting a number of Tools will add them to your Popit outside of Create Mode, they are entirely non-functional.