Most big-budget video game releases end up coming out in two flavours: regular and limited edition. It’s been confirmed that Konami‘s upcoming Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be the same, as a press release was issued detailing its contents. In addition to the standard game disc, the set will include specialized packaging from the series’ lead artist Yoji Shinkawa, as well as a collectible art book.
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a ‘Limited Edition’ METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION will be available for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® and is set to be released this winter.
In addition to the new features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION announced on September 15, 2011, the ‘Limited Edition’ will contain:
· Standard game
· Specialized packaging created by series lead artist, Yoji Shinkawa
· 248 page exclusive “The Art of Metal Gear Solid” artbook
Features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION include:
· Remastered from the ground up for PS3® & Xbox360®
· Stunning 1080p graphics
· 60 frames-per-second graphics
· Icons, sound effects, and all fonts upgraded for HD
· User interface rebalanced for HD
· Added right analog stick input and force feedback*
· Features Trophies on PS3® and Achievements on Xbox 360®
· Worldwide matchmaking for multiplayer (tentative)
· TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) compatible with PSP® version*