Sick and tired of the standard black or white finish that manufacturers give today’s games consoles? Want something with a little more personality? Microsoft hears you loud and clear. The software giant has just announced a special Xbox One S console themed after Gears of War 4, and it’s all yours for $449.
The special package is available to pre-order now, and includes the special blood red One S console alongside a similarly themed Xbox One gamepad and a whole range of neat little extras you won’t get in any other bundle. Along with the improved hardware included in all One S devices, this particular arrangement will include a digital copy of Gears of War 4 along with access to the third-person shooter four days before everyone else.
The full contents are as follows:
- Gritty, battle-weathered custom Xbox One S console with a massive 2TB hard drive
- All-new Xbox Wireless Controller – Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen Limited Edition, featuring a textured grip for enhanced comfort; our most reliable wireless signal ever, with up to two times the wireless range compared to previous controllers when used with Xbox One S; and Bluetooth radio, giving you an easy wireless connection to your Windows 10 PCs and tablets
- 4K Ultra HD video and Blu-ray player, custom system sounds, and a vertical stand
- High Dynamic Range support for video and games
- Full game download of Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition for both Xbox One and Windows 10 (featuring cross-play support in all co-op modes) – a $99 value
- Early access to the game on Oct. 7
- Gears of War 4 Season Pass, featuring the exclusive Vintage VIP Pack, permanent access to future multiplayer maps for private games, six additional Gear Packs including the Vintage JD Gear Pack, early previews to upcoming modes, and much more
Gears of War 4 launches for Xbox One and Windows 10 on October 11, and will be part of Microsoft’s Xbox Play Anywhere Program. For more details on the fledgling service, see here.