Almost a full two years since Sony revealed Suspend and Resume for PlayStation 4, the company has confirmed that the feature will be one of many making its way to the console in tomorrow’s firmware 2.50.
Tethered with the moniker Yukimura, the hefty update as of tomorrow, March 26, bringing about the aforementioned pause feature along with enhanced trophy options and further tweaks to the system’s accessibility – chief of which comes in the form of customized button assignments for the DualShock 4.
Without doubt, the headlining addition is Suspend and Resume, which will allow users to put the console in a low-power state only to pick up exactly where the left off at a more convenient time – much like the PlayStation Vita, really. Those affected by the problematic firmware 2.0 last year, which locked the PS4 in Rest Mode following a bug in the update, will be apprehensive before putting the pause trick to the test, so our best advice would be to wait until firmware 2.50 gets past its teething problems.
Firmware 2.50 will be available to download tomorrow, March 26, on PlayStation 4. For a detailed breakdown of what to expect, you can consult the patch notes below.
Automatic Trophy screenshots – A screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, preserving the moment to share with friends.
SHARE Trophies – Players can share Trophy information to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing the SHARE button.
Additional Trophy sorting options – Sort your Trophy list by Earned Date, Not Earned and Grade.
Delete 0% Trophies – Remove games from your Trophy list that have zero percent completion.
Improved and expanded accessibility options:
- Customised button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4.
- Zoom for displayed pictures and inverted colors for all system functions, apps and in-game.
- Text-to-speech for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party.
- Enlarged text for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party, as well as the system’s browser.
- Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI for all system applications (but will not apply to games or third-party applications).
- Remote Play and Share Play: For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60fps for both Remote Play and Share Play* on supported devices.
- Automatic installation for system software updates: Enable automatic installation for future system software updates.
- Sub-account upgrade: Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.
- Verified Accounts: Select game developers, producers, designers and community managers will be verified with a badge.
- Dailymotion: Upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.