Pokémon Go‘s latest limited-time event, Friend Fest, has just kicked off and as the name suggests, this particular occasion is a family-themed affair.
As usual, there are several components, rewards and activities to be aware of over the week-long period and to take full advantage of the boosts currently in effect, you’ll want to engage with them all at one point or another. There’s a wealth of information to breakdown here, so let’s get started.
In keeping with the event’s overall theme, Niantic has boosted encounter rates for the following Pokémon:
Bizarrely, mothering Pokémon Kangaskhan has failed to make the list, though the absence is likely due to its status as a regional-specific ‘Mon. Regardless, if you’ve yet to add any of those to your collection, now’s your chance. As an added bonus, both male and female variants of Nidorian have an increased chance of appearing in their Shiny form.
MORE FROM THE WEB
Five special Research Tasks are available over the seven-day celebrations, each with some suitably-themed rewards for completion.
- Catch a Nidoran♀: Reward is another Nidoran♀
- Catch a Nidoran♂: Reward is another Nidoran♂
- Trade a Pokemon: Reward is a Nidorina or a Nidorino
- Add 3 new friends: Reward is a Nidoking or Nidoqueen
- Win a Trainer Battle against another Trainer: Reward is a Dodrio or Dugtrio
And that’s not all. In addition to all of the above, a number of bonuses will be active for the entirety of Friend Fest.
- 1/2 Stardust trade cost
- You can make two special trades per day
- Attack boost when you raid with friends
Well, what are you waiting for? Pokémon Go‘s newest event ends next week, December 3rd, meaning you’ve got just a few short days to capitalize on Niantics’ generosity. Good luck!