Hitman‘s fifth elusive target is now live in-game, developer IO Interactive has announced. The Gunrunner can be found in the Marrakesh stage and, like previous time-sensitive contracts, will only be available for 72 hours until he’s gone forever. You’ll want to give yourself plenty of mental preparation too, as you only get a single chance to take your mark out. Failure is not an option.
At 14:00 CEST / 05:00 PDT on Friday 1st July, we’ll update the Elusive Target tile on the Featured Hub in-game and the contract will be live. Make sure you’re ready, because The Gunrunner will only be in Marrakesh for 72 hours and there won’t be any second chances.
So, what do you get as a reward for all this killing and sleuthing? Well, if you’ve been keeping up with every single Elusive Target thus far, you’ll find yourself rewarded with Agent 47’s signature suit from Hitman Absolution (below) upon the completion of The Gunrunner hit.
If you’ve missed a couple though, don’t fret – there’s still plenty of time for you to catch up. At least ten Elusive Targets are planned currently, with more possibly on the way. Whether it’s a refresher or a crash course you need, see below for the general rules of said targets.
- Elusive Targets are added to the game for a limited time in real-time. They won’t return.
- You only get one chance to take them down. If you die, you fail the contract and cannot retry it.
- Elusive Targets do not show up on the in-game map or Instinct. You need to locate and identify them with limited intel.
- Earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts throughout the season.
- Every Elusive Target adds two unique challenges to the game; one ‘target’ challenge for eliminating the specific Elusive Target and a ‘Silent Assassin’ challenge for eliminating the target without being spotted and without any non-target casualties.
Source: Square Enix