The ‘80s were the golden era of slasher and perhaps no character better personified the combination of camp horror better than Freddy Krueger.
With his torched skin and iconic bladed glove, the face of Freddy has been embedded into the consciousness of horror fans since the first movie in the series was released in 1984. Directed by Wes Craven, A Nightmare of Elm Street became massive success, and the character and franchise would go on to feature in multiple sequels and spinoffs.
How many movies has Freddy Krueger been a part of?
Since the character’s inception in 1984, there have been nine films in the Nightmare on Elm Street universe in which Freddy has appeared, but the character also appeared in the horror spoof film Stan Helsing making taking the tally of films to 10.
Here is a list of everything you’ll need to check out if you’re a fan of the character.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge (1985)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)
- Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)
- Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994)
- Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
- Stan Helsing (2009)
Over the decades Freddy Krueger‘s story has changed as the character has evolved, but the way that he has been depicted has remained true to his slasher origins.