That’s the catchy tagline accompanying Lionsgate and Neill Marshall’s upcoming Hellboy reboot, which has Stranger Things veteran David Harbour front and center as Big Red. It’s shaping up to be a pretty far cry from Guillermo del Toro’s beloved brace of fantasy-fueled epics, too.
For starters, the Hellboy of 2019 is said to be gloriously violent, while we’ve also heard that it’ll retain that demonic sense of fun which helped Mike Mignola’s comic book series earn its status as an instant classic. And as we await Lionsgate’s R-rated reimagining with fervent glee and anticipation, we’ve now received word that the very first trailer will be with us this Thursday. No exact time was given, but to amp up the excitement a bit, the studio’s dropped a brand new poster which you can feast your eyes on in the gallery below.
MORE FROM THE WEB
So far, the marketing for Hellboy has been pretty promising, though given that we’ve yet to see any actual footage from the reboot, it’s hard to pass judgement at the moment. That being said, an encouraging report from the film’s first test screening surfaced not too long ago, teasing a movie that was “incredibly violent” and boasted a strong cast. Ian McShane of John Wick fame in particular was said to be a real highlight, though there was also much praise for Harbour himself.
If one thing’s for certain, it’s that Marshall and his team will be bringing us a pretty different take from what we’ve seen before on Hellboy and the monster-filled world he calls home. And with any luck, this upcoming trailer will show us exactly how they plan to separate their effort from what we saw in the del Toro era.