Being a big fan of James Bond, you can imagine that I’m very much looking forward to the next entry into the film franchise. But as is sometimes this case with this industry, there exist projects that encounter a few bumps in the road before cameras can begin rolling. And as it turns out, the tentatively titled Bond 25 is an unfortunate example.
In case you hand’t heard, Danny Boyle has vacated the director’s chair, thus forcing the studio to scramble for a replacement. Not surprisingly, this has caused word to travel saying that the flick will miss its autumn 2019 release date, but Deadline is now stating that it’s very much possible a delay won’t be encountered.
According to the outlet, producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are very hush-hush regarding this subject, but their supposed shortlist for hopeful filmmakers has been found out by those who know how and where to keep their ear to the ground.
So far, Jean-Marc Vallee (Dallas Buyers Club) was said to have been approached, but can’t take the gig due to a scheduling conflict. Edgar Wright (Baby Driver), however, might end up being the man for the job, as Deadline reports that “he would love to do a James Bond.” Funny, I remember when he would’ve loved to do an Ant-Man movie, so here’s hoping he has a shot.
Also on the shortlist are David Mackenzie (Hell or High Water) and Yann Demange (White Boy Rick). Of course, someone who wasn’t named here today could ultimately end up being hired, but let’s not forget about how reliable Deadline has always been.
That said, if one of these directors – or someone else – are able to sign on the dotted line in the very near future, then Bond 25 will still arrive in theaters on November 8, 2019.