Marvel fans have a lot to be excited about in the next couple weeks. Not only is Iron Man 3 heading to theatres soon, but tomorrow the first trailer for Thor: The Dark World premieres. For those who simply can’t stand to wait another day for some Thor promotion though, two new stills from the film have hit the web.
Neither of these stills are all that revealing, but they still provide a quality look at the film. The first one (as seen above) shows Thor (Chris Hemsworth) wielding his famous hammer, in the midst of what appears to be a battle. The second (as seen below) shows Thor and Jane (Natalie Portman) together on Asgard, where Thor has taken her to save her from the peril on Earth.
These stills are nice to build a little anticipation for tomorrow, but it’s really the trailer release that has fans giddy with excitement. When the trailer’s date was announced, there was also a brief description of what we’re going to see in this first couple minutes of footage. In case you missed that description, check out a brief summary below.
- Trailer opens with Thor’s voiceover, as quick scenes of action are shown, along with Jane Foster in her Asgardian attire and people on Earth running from “something”
- Thor tells Jane he promised he would return and scenes are shown of Thor coming to Earth and taking Jane to back to Asgard.
- The action sequences are reportedly “incredible” and Thor is shown taking a beating. He’s fatigued and Malekith, leader of the Dark Elves, is shown completely unafraid of Thor.
- A futuristic glass prison is shown, and Loki sits within after the events of The Avengers.
- Thor comes to him and says “I need your help, but if you betray me, I will kill you.”
- Loki [smirking] responds: ”What is it I must do?”
- Thor is shown fighting Malekith as Jane watches. Malekith threatens her, as a beaten Thor eyes the Dark Elf King and screams “Noooo!”
It sounds like the trailer should be quite exciting, as most of the Marvel ones are. While you’ll have to wait a bit for a chance to see it on the big screen, be sure to check back here tomorrow, as we’ll post the video as soon as it goes live.
What do you think of these new stills from Thor: The Dark World? What are you hoping to see in tomorrow’s trailer? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Source: USA Today