U.K. investigators are expanding their probe into Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s ties to Jeffrey Epstein, looking into potential sex crimes and urging alleged Epstein survivors to come forward. The former prince, brother of King Charles and second son of the late Queen Elizabeth II, has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing, but remains under investigation after being arrested three months ago in a pre-dawn raid at his Norfolk home.
According to Mediaite, detectives in London are focusing on a woman who claims she was taken to Mountbatten-Windsor’s Windsor residence “for sexual purposes” as part of what officials believe could become a lengthy and widening inquiry. Officers from Thames Valley Police have already interviewed multiple witnesses, according to Sky News, and are assessing allegations that Epstein sent a non-British woman to the U.K. in 2010 for a sexual encounter with Andrew.
The woman involved in the alleged sexual encounter has not yet been interviewed by detectives. Thames Valley Police have repeated their call for anyone with information to come forward, encouraging witnesses and alleged Epstein survivors to share their experiences.
The Andrew-Epstein investigation keeps growing, and a charging decision likely won’t come before 2027
Andrew was stripped of his “prince” title by his brother in 2025 and given formal notice to surrender his royal residence, as further disclosures revealed more about his past association with Epstein. The U.K. investigators are also reportedly seeking access to unredacted Epstein files from the Justice Department, which sources believe could advance the inquiry.
The police investigation into Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was prompted by the release of U.S. Department of Justice files related to its investigation into Jeffrey Epstein. Epstein, who was convicted of soliciting prostitution from a minor in 2008, died in a New York prison in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. Epstein’s own legal team has previously made claims about how much of his criminal conduct was actually proven, adding further controversy to an already complicated case.
In a statement, according to the BBC, Thames Valley Police Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright reiterated the force’s call for information, saying, “We encourage anyone with information to get in touch with us.” He added that the investigation is “complex” and “continuing at pace,” with detectives assessing various allegations, including the one involving the woman who claims she was taken to Mountbatten-Windsor’s residence for a sexual encounter.
The police have also been working closely with the United States Department of Justice to obtain further information related to the Epstein files. Investigators are paying close attention to the movement of women across borders in connection with Epstein, a pattern that also surfaced in reports about Epstein’s interest in visas for young European women.
While they have not yet received any formal information from the U.S. Department of Justice, they are said to be optimistic about the cooperation they are receiving from the U.K. government and the Royal Household.
It is unlikely that the police and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) will be able to make a decision about whether to bring charges before 2027. As Thames Valley Police said, “Our door is always open” for anyone with relevant information to come forward, and the force has also stated, “We hope that anyone with relevant information will come forward whenever they are ready to engage with us.”
Published: May 22, 2026 03:54 pm