A brand new trailer from Focus Home Interactive has arrived to showcase the strengths of Imperium forces in their new RTS game: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. The game, based around the story elements of the popular Games Workshop tabletop, will put you in control of the enormous ships that form the fleets of the Emperor and have you defend against the raging forces of Chaos.
The trailer, set up like an induction video for the new recruits to the Imperial cause, introduces the various ships of the Imperium fleet before a quick tactics lesson to help guide you once you take control:
The Imperial fleet ships are not the fastest nor the most powerful in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, but a millennia of war has made them tough nuts to crack. Let’s delve into the intricacies of these battle-hardened goliaths! Defined by dense void shields and metres thick armour, these ships can adapt to any kind of battle situation. Their torpedo strikes and devastating Nova cannon blasts are enough devastate most opponents. Any that do survive are quickly dispatched by the powerful broadside armaments, while the Imperium ships’ armour and shields ensure they survive the encounter.
This RTS title promises fast-paced action across its single player campaign and the PVP multiplayer environments. Anyone looking forward to diving into the action can expect the following:
- An expansive single-player campaign across the Gothic sector.
- Tactical PVP multiplayer offering infinite replayability.
- Ship Commander AI personalities; overrule fight or flight!
- A huge array of authentically recreated Battlefleet Gothic ships.
- A real-time strategy experience retaining many of the tactical Battlefleet Gothic elements.
- A plethora of lore-abiding skills to fill the player’s arsenal.
- Upgrade and apply skills in the port MAW
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is currently slated for a PC release in March 2016.
Source: Focus Home Interactive