First Draft Of Star Trek 3 Is Complete, Says Robert Orci


First Draft Of Star Trek 3 Is Complete, Says Robert Orci

For the past few months, it’s been mostly Star Wars this and Star Wars that, but another iconic sci-fi franchise is also gearing up for another blockbuster outing. Screenwriter/producer/possible director Roberto Orci has been busily working on the script for Star Trek 3 alongside John D. Payne and Patrick McKay. And this past weekend, Orci revealed that the first draft is complete.

On Saturday, in the comments section of TrekMovie, Orci wrote:

p & m & I wrote, “fade out” yesterday on first draft. things are moving.

Subsequently, Orci confirmed that the first draft is complete. Now, Paramount can look at it and provide feedback. If the studio is satisfied, things will progress from there.

Orci, who has been involved with the franchise since 2009’s Star Trek reboot in screenwriting and producing capacities, was previously in negotiations to helm the threequel, though he recently revealed that Paramount is still waiting to see the script before it hands him the reins. Now that the studio has a copy, we can expect to soon hear something one way or the other about whether Orci has earned the gig. In his own words:

“If I’m lucky enough that Paramount loves the script and that we go forward, it’ll be because I have loved Star Trek for so long and the idea of having seen one of the best guys in the business direct two of them already, and to have seen it from the vantage point of a producer too, I know where a lot of the challenges are and where a lot of the fun is.”

Given Orci’s long-standing relationship with Paramount, I’d expect he’ll be able to secure the directing gig. The studio wants Star Trek 3 into theaters in time for the franchise’s 50th anniversary, and as soon as the script is locked in, Paramount can start ramping up, probably to shoot next year.

Source: Collider

comments powered by Disqus
All Posts