Remember when car combat games were all the rage and a new Twisted Metal was coming out every six months? Neither do I, since that genre always relied on niche appeal. However, one thing that most gamers remember from the series was Sweet Tooth, the maniacal ice cream truck driving clown who served as an unofficial mascot. Fans looking forward to Psyonix’s upcoming action-sports title Rocket League will be seeing more of the killer clown when he makes a cameo this July.
Exclusively on the PlayStation 4, Sweet Tooth will be just one driver available in the hybrid car-combat/soccer title. This upgraded Rocket League will gjve players the chance to enjoy a single-player Season mode as well as the returning multiplayer mayhem for both online and on-the-couch play.
Check out a few of the other features that make Rocket League worth looking forward to:
- New Season Mode: Players now can enjoy a full single-player experience with Season mode, bolstered by extensive vehicle customizations, unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more.
- Fully Upgraded Online, Local and Splitscreen Multiplayer Modes: Fans of the original will love the returning options for two- to four-player competition, from on-the-couch split-screen competition to the robust online play.
- Team-focused Gameplay: Rocket League’s team-oriented play compels gamers to learn short- and long-term tactics and strategies to stay in the game, challenge their friends, and stay atop the monthly leaderboards.
- Physics-driven Vehicle Interactions: Built with rocket-equipped vehicles capable of aerial attacks, passes and shots, and physics-driven ball action, Rocket League is a wild, visceral action-sports experience.
- Content Overload: Rocket League builds upon its predecessor with a healthy array of completely new unlockable vehicles, arenas, more than 100 customization items, and other surprises.
- Dedicated Gameplay Servers: Super-smooth online gameplay guarantees an even better Rocket-Powered Battle-Car experience.
- Broadcast-Quality Replays: Gamers can play with, stylize, and create the ultimate replay of entire games with the new replay system. Fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena!
Be sure to check back here for more coverage, including our E3 hands-on with Rocket League.