Game Informer has been pretty good to Mass Effect fans lately. Keeping up with their trend of revealing exciting Mass Effect 3 info, today they’ve posted two new screens on their site which you can see above and below. It’s not much but if you pick up the May issue of Game Informer you’ll be treated to more.
The Mass Effect 3 news doesn’t stop there though. A NeoGAF user named Lakitu has translated some new details on the game from a Spanish magazine. Here’s what he posted:
- -The reason that Cerberus is put against us is explained at the beginning of the adventure (could it be because the Alliance gets the Normandy SR2 and technology, and SID, the AI of the ship? This a suppose of mine, not in the magazine)
- – Cerberus’ troops: mechas, assault units, shock troops ninja-style.
- – Reapers: they have different sizes, ranging from 500-600 meters of the smaller ships to the 2km for Herald.
- – New skills for Shepard: launched in search of coverage to Max Payne, rolling, jumping small holes in the ground, as the SWAT turn and strike the enemy with greater variety of melee attacks. It specifically mentions “a new class: Heavy Melee” take advantage of these capabilities of combat.
- – New skills: Engineer can build turrets.
- – Customizable Weapons, guns, sight … five variants in each section.
- – More items to “loot.”
- – Space Battles? Perhaps, but unconfirmed.
- – Scenarios: larger. We will see people walking, ships fighting, architecture in greater detail. Searching for the photorealism of the sites using new lighting techniques on the stage. It has also improved the atmosphere and the number of dynamic elements of the stage, increasing interactivity with the player.
- – Locations to visit: New York, London, a moon of ¿Koriano? [Quarian] world, a salarian world and Mars, among others. The development of each environment takes about 6 months, testing the levels from the outset.
- – Enemies: we can do dynamic damage into them. The Cerberus mechas, for example, requires that we shoot a weak point, the glass cockpit in order to overcome them. In other enemies we can cut off the arms, break the head or break various pieces of their armors.
- – Fighting more dynamic, forcing us to move more frequently. The game speed is improved by 10 to 15%.
- – Exploration: we won’t drive vehicles seen in previous games. The main gameplay is designed without them and will continue so. This does not mean that there is no vehicle, but they can’t reveal more now. There is a new scanning system.
So the ball is officially rolling on Mass Effect 3 and Bioware is ready to start pushing it. In the last month or so we’ve been getting a lot of information on the game and with E3 coming up, you can be sure that the trend will continue. I’m hoping they really innovate with this one. The first two were great but for a third one to work I think they really have to up the ante with the gameplay and features. If the details posted above are accurate then we could be heading in the right direction but I think we’ll have to wait until E3 to see anything concrete.