Courtesy of EA’s official Twitter page, it has emerged that new Mass Effect: Andromeda details are on their way today as part of EA and BioWare’s annual N7 Day celebrations, although what exactly it is we’re getting remains unclear.
Of course, the best case scenario would be a gameplay trailer along with a firm release date for the sci-fi sequel, and considering past comments have pegged the title for an early 2017 release, we can’t imagine a better time to give fans a concrete release window than today.
Besides a tech demo showing Andromeda running on 4K by way of Sony’s PS4 Pro reveal, we’ve not been given much else since besides a call to arms for the ‘Andromeda Initiative’ (above video).
Keep an eye out on EA’s Twitter page from 3pm PST onward though for a first look at whatever the publisher has up its sleeve.
As an aside, VG247 reports that US retailer Best Buy has leaked the box art for Mass Effect: Andromeda ahead of an official reveal. No release date is provided, but listings for a $69.99 Deluxe Edition on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are present. See below for the product details provided by the retailer.
- Chart Your Own Course in a Dangerous New Galaxy
- Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity’s new home
- Lead the First Humans in Andromeda on a Desperate Search for our New Home
- In this new chapter of Mass Effect, meet and recruit all-new, interesting characters caught up in an epic space saga filled with mystery and galactic conflict
- Fight with your Pathfinder Team In Battle Against Terrifying Enemies and Creatures
- New additions like destructible environments, boosted jumps for added verticality, and all-new weapons and Biotics make combat more thrilling than ever
- Build a Formidable Hero With Amazing Weapons, Powers and Tech
- With a much more flexible skill and weapon progression tree, you can replicate your play style to make you unstoppable against new, powerful alien enemies
- For 1 player or up to 4 in multiplayer mode