It was only a matter of time, wasn’t it? Fresh off dropping the asking price of the PlayStation 4 console in Japan, Sony has now confirmed plans to implement a similar price cut for North America, bringing the price of the base console down to $349.99 in time for the holiday season.
As detailed over on PlayStation Blog, the Japanese giant noted that the reduction will take into effect tomorrow, October 9, with Canada also receiving the same treatment: $449.99 CAD down to $429.99 CAD.
Shawn Layden, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America, released an official statement commemorating the long-rumored price cut, stating that “we’re continuing to deliver on that commitment with this new price for PS4, making the console even more accessible to a broader audience this holiday.”
Keen to trumpet its third-party support, the mega-company also offered a rundown of all of the available hardware bundles that will be available from tomorrow right through until Christmas.
– Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP); October 9, 2015
– Limited Edition Call of Duty®: Black Ops III PS4 Bundle (1TB HDD) – $429.99 USD / $499.99 CAD (MSRP); November 6, 2015
– Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD (MSRP); November 13, 2015
– Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD (MSRP); November 17, 2015
– Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP); November 17, 2015
– NHL 16 PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $429.99 CAD (MSRP); Available now in Canada only
No word yet on whether this PlayStation 4 price cut will extend to other PAL regions beyond North America, though we’ll be sure to keep you updated. Today’s price cut will take into effect from tomorrow, October 9.
Source: PlayStation Blog