Earlier this year, it was announced that CD Projekt Red’s highly-anticipated trilogy capper, The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, would receive a nifty collector’s edition. Nothing strange about that; after all, every major release these days has an expensive limited-edition to go along with it. Developers even make limited editions for completely unproven franchises like Watch Dogs. I don’t blame them, either, if people are buying, why not capitalize on the opportunity?
What’s strange about The Witcher III: Wild Hunt‘s collector’s edition, though, is that this week, it was revealed that the Xbox One edition comes with straight-up exclusive physical content. In this case, CD Projekt Red will be bringing a popular card game within the fantasy world called Gwent to life, with a card set. The fictional card game will still be playable in-game across all versions, but if you want 150 cards and to play the game in real life, look no further than this limited edition. Gwent is described as a fast-paced combat card game with initial simplicity and ultimate depth.
If you don’t have an Xbox One, don’t worry. The base collector’s edition still comes with a bunch of awesome looking items. The contents are listed below, along with a trailer.
- The standard edition of the game
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10″ w US), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- An exclusive, collector grade Witcher medallion
- A one of a kind SteelBook
- A two-hundred page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- A huge Outer and Inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt will be released for current generation consoles and PC on February 24th, 2015.