Game publisher THQ has today announced the sequel for their post-apocalyptic title Metro: 2033, titled Metro: Last Light, due out for the PC and consoles in 2012.
Metro: Last Light will take players back into Moscow as dangerous mutants continue to stalk the underground catacombs. The mutants aren’t the only problem for players though as they are thrown into the middle of a civil war between the human survivors as they fight over a powerful doomsday device they believe could save humanity, but it could very well destroy it.
The game will offer both a single player campaign and multiplayer for players to battle it out with one another in.
Here are some of the game’s key features from THQ:
- A gripping, story-driven first person shooter, Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010’s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033
- Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes – both human and mutant – and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness
- Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created
- Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay
- Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC
- Wage post-apocalyptic warfare online, as Last Light delivers an intense multiplayer experience amongst the dark Russian ruins
Gamers can expect to see the game for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC next year. More information is expected to be revealed next week during E3 as THQ plans to show off the game in a live gameplay demo. To learn more about this title you can visit the game’s Official Site.