Today, Ubisoft revealed exactly what will be in store for those who purchase its Watch Dogs Season Pass. Needless to say, the announcement lifted the veil off of some interesting downloadable content items, and answered some of the questions that have surrounded the game.
By making a twenty-dollar commitment, gamers will save themselves over twenty-five percent on a wealth of additional content. This includes a brand new single player storyline featuring an eccentric hacker named T-Bone, a new Digital Trip game mode called Conspiracy, and an exclusive, mob-themed, item pack. There will be other perks, though, as seen in the list below:
• All-New Single-Player Story – Take on the role of T-Bone, a brilliant but eccentric hacker who lives by his own rules.
• Conspiracy! – A new Digital Trip game mode that lets players hunt down cyborgs in this mind-bending alternate game universe.
• Exclusive Untouchables Pack – Pay homage to the classic Chicago mobster film with a M1 SMG weapon and a 1920s mobster outfit. In North America, the Untouchables Pack will only be available through Season Pass.
• More single player missions, weapons, and outfits
• Save more than 25% over the individual downloadable pack prices.
• Season Pass holders get one-week early access to all included Watch Dogs add-on content.
What’s interesting to note is that Season Pass owners will be given early access to the game’s additional content. Like it or hate it, it’s certainly one way to reward those who pledge their support by essentially pre-ordering DLC. Also, it’s something that will likely trend throughout the industry if it ends up being a successful tactic.
Watch Dogs and its Season Pass will become available for purchase on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC, starting on May 27th.