We’re only halfway through July, but we already know much of what’s coming to Netflix in August. Obviously, plenty more titles will be announced as the month draws nearer, but there’s still a bunch of highly anticipated movies and TV shows already on the schedule.
Just today, we got our first trailer for one of them – the streaming giant’s new superhero action flick, Project Power, starring Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, that’s based around a mysterious pill that imbues whoever takes it with superpowers for a total of five minutes. That’s dropping on August 14th.
Before that, however, the first day of the month brings Killing Hasselhoff, Netflix’s new comedy movie starring David Hasselhoff himself and Ken Jeong as a nightclub owner who has to resort to desperate measures to pay off a loan shark. It was originally supposed to land on July 1st but was held back a month.
For more, check out the full list of what we already know is coming in August below:
- Killing Hasselhoff (2017) – comedy movie
- My Perfect Landing (Season 1) – Canadian family series
- Power Players (Season 2) – Kids animated series
- Rogue Warfare: The Hunt (2019) – adult war drama
- Super Monsters: The New Class (2020) – Netflix special
- Toradora! (Season 1) – Anime series
- Sam Jay: 3 In The Morning (2020) – Stand-up special
- Nasha Natasha (2016) – Russian music documentary
- The Seven Deadly Sins (Season 4) – anime
- The Rain (Season 3) – Danish post-apocalyptic series
- Berlin, Berlin: Lolle on the Run (2020) – German movie sequel
- High Seas / Alta Mar (Season 3) – Spanish mystery period-drama
- Selling Sunset (Season 3) – Reality series
- The Magic School Bus Rides Again Kids In Space (2020) – animated special
- The New Legends of Monkey (Season 2) – Australian/New Zealand kids series
- Wizards: Tales of Arcadia (Limited Series) – animated series
- Word Party Songs (Season 1) – children’s series
- Work It (2020) – dance teen comedy
- The Big Show Show (Special Episode) – wrestling special
MORE FROM THE WEB
- Project Power (2020) – superhero action movie
- The Great Heist (Season 1) – Colombian series
- John Was Trying to Contact Aliens (2020) – Documentary short
- Lucifer (Season 5 – Part 1) – comic book series
- Unknown Origins (2020) – Spanish-Argentinian crime drama
The highlight of the second part of the month has to the first half of Lucifer season 5. This batch of eight episodes will follow on from season 4, the first season of the DC supernatural series produced by Netflix, which ended with the Devil returning to Hell. Season 5B has yet to be given a release date, but season 6 – its very last run, it’s been confirmed – has already been commissioned.
Elsewhere, there’s a range of international films and TV series of all kinds, as well as a lot of new content for families and young audiences. Let us know what you’re most excited to watch on Netflix in August though by dropping a comment down below and be sure to stay tuned, as we imagine the full list of new arrivals will be released shortly.
Source: What's On Netflix