Possible Star Wars Plot Details And Potential Directors Leaked
Back in 2009, Jim Dorey of Marketsaw claimed Lucasfilm was working on another trilogy of Star Wars films. He received this information from a mysterious secret source, and not much was thought of it until a recent announcement confirmed what Dorey reported. On the heels of that announcement, Dorey and his source are back, and they’ve got some extremely juicy news if it proves to be true.
Dorey posted excerpts out of an e-mail from his source detailing a ton of tidbits about the plot of not only Episode 7, but the whole trilogy. You can check them out below.
- The films are reworked versions of what Lucas was planning as far back as when he was making the original trilogy.
- This next trilogy may conflate plot points originally intended to span two trilogies – the second featuring the Skywalker offspring.
- As such, Luke Skywalker is a key character.
- And so are many of “the original trilogy cast” with Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C3PO and R2D2 set to appear.
- Hamill is already locked-in.
- The Empire was not completely destroyed at the end of Return of the Jedi.
- Disney intend “on playing to the cultural significance of that original trilogy.”
- The scripts that have already been written for the live-action TV show “will be absorbed in some way into a TV format.”
- Disney are “all over” restoring the original trilogy.
A pretty hefty bit of information there, and it’s all big news.
It was already assumed that this was part of the story Lucas had in mind from the start, especially considering the deal came with a plan for the trilogy, so no huge surprise there. It was also assumed that C3PO and R2D2 would be back for these films, but the news that Han, Chewbacca, Leia, and Luke will all be back is huge.
How Disney handles these characters depends largely on how far into the future the script goes, but if Hamill is already locked-in, it’s safe to assume that it occurs at least 25 years after Return Of The Jedi, otherwise Hamill playing Luke would just be ridiculous. Any less than that would require recasting, which would certainly cause an uproar from fans.
Dorey said that although Lucas no longer has creative control, Disney realizes he is a vital part of Star Wars and thus he will have a voice on any angle taken.
Dorey also posted a list of some of the directors Disney is looking at. His list was Steven Spielberg, Neill Blomkamp, Alfonso Cuaron, Matthew Vaughn, Darren Aronofsky and Joss Whedon. They’re all solid choices but again, this is by no means concrete and Disney could go with someone not on the list.
Keep in mind though, there’s a chance that all of this information is bogus. Anything coming from a secret source is suspicious but until we hear otherwise, this news is what we have to go on.
So what do you think of all this Star Wars news? Is there any chance that these rumors are dead-on? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.