With little under two weeks to go until its debut, the excitement surrounding House of Cards season three is beginning to reach fever pitch. But over the weekend, Netflix jumped the gun a little by releasing all thirteen episodes of the political drama ahead of time, before swiftly hauling it back down off the servers after around thirty minutes or so.
And in that time, the Huffington Post managed to snatch descriptions for the first ten episodes of the upcoming season, which you can check out down below.
Alongside this rather untimely leak was the official release of a new, Valentine’s-themed trailer for House of Cards latest stint, which sees Frank and Claire’s relationship shaken and stirred as they prepare for an official photo in the Oval office. Clearly repelled by her significant other, it’s Robin Wright’s character who exhibits the most emotion in this instance, hinting of a rift between the seemingly unbreakable Underwoods.
Whatever the outcome, it looks to be the case that House of Cards season three will shift their troubled relationship into the public eye even further, for better or for worse. Netflix’s critically-acclaimed drama is scheduled to return officially on February 27. For now, you can cast your eye over those episode descriptions down below. But fair warning: these tidbits do hint at some potential spoilers.
1) “A rocky start for the Underwood Presidency. Frank wants to introduce an ambitious jobs program, while Claire sets her sights on the United Nations.”
2) “Claire’s U.N. bid runs into trouble. Frank fights off mutiny with a bold address to the country.”
3) “The Russian president’s state visit becomes a cold war of wills, and some punks heat things up.”
4) “Claire bypasses Russia at the U.N. Frank tries to outmaneuver a potential challenger and ends up face to face with a higher power.”
5) “Frank declares war on Congress to jump-start his jobs program. Claire spars with the Russian Ambassador.”
6) “Frank and Claire travel to Moscow to negotiate the return of an imprisoned U.S. citizen. Claire takes a stand that jeopardizes their plans.”
7) “The damage is done and the Underwoods must repair it. But deep wounds don’t heal fast, and sometimes not at all.”
8) “A hurricane endangers more than just the entire East Coast and Frank must make a difficult choice.”
9) “The Jordan Valley erupts in chaos just as Frank’s campaign is picking up steam. Claire gets disturbing intel and counsels him.”
10) “Frank needs to deal with Petrov one on one while Claire tries to preserve the peace-keeping mission. Sacrifices must be made.”
Source: The Huffington Post