Just Cause 3‘s latest slice of DLC may already be available for the game’s season pass holders, but the add-on content launches in full for all owners of the game tomorrow and to celebrate, publisher Square Enix has released a new launch trailer showing off all the cool things you can do in the gargantuan mech that can only be described as a construction vehicle on legs.
Preceding the destructive in-game footage though is a weird (but in a good way) cel-shaded short featuring Rico Rodriguez taking on a military-grade helicopter by way of literally jumping into it hundreds of feet in the air. As you do.
Anyway, see below for all the new features coming with Mech Land Assault.
- Pilot two types of powerful Mech and drive them anywhere in Medici.
- Unleash the Mech’s Gravitational Remote Influence Projector or GRIP to attract and hurl objects at your enemies.
- Jump and smash helicopters from the sky or ground pound tanks with the GRIPS’s Force Pulse attack.
- Prove your skills and earn upgrades in Mech arena challenges.
- Call in a Rebel Mech buddy for extra firepower when the going gets tough.
- Includes a powerful new energy weapon, the Bavarium Power Core rifle.
Mech Land Assault is the second DLC of developer Avalanche’s Sky, Land and Sea trio of add-ons for Just Cause 3, which concludes near the end of Summer with the Bavarium Sea Heist which, if its predecessors are anything to by, will be equally outlandish.