Ubisoft has revealed the latest in a string of patches for Assassin’s Creed: Unity, which will remove the requirement to connect the game’s companion app in order to unlock in-game items and chests (blue and golden, specifically). Additionally, the update will also unlock any content that was previously exclusive to Initiates.
When Unity launched back in November of last year, the studio had tethered some of the title’s side content to the companion app, meaning users were forced to download the program on their mobile platform of choice in order to progress and unlock various buffs and costumes for protagonist Arno. Thankfully, that requirement is no more following the release of Patch 5.
Here’s a brief snippet from Ubisoft’s press release.
“We will be unlocking all content exclusive to Initiates and the Companion App, including both blue and gold chests. Players can still progress on the Companion App, they just will no longer be required to complete content to unlock in-game chests.”
Patch 5 for Assassin’s Creed: Unity is available today on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while a PC release is due tomorrow. To delve into the technical minutia of the game’s latest update, you can consult the patch notes below, with stability, connectivity and general performance all expected to see improvements.
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues