Few gaming characters hold a candle to Lara Croft. In the space of two decades, the dual-wielding heroine has cemented her status as a bona fide industry mascot, going on to inspire a media franchise that will continue with the release of the Alicia Vikander-fronted movie reboot in 2018.
But 2016 marks a special milestone for Miss. Croft in that our esteemed archaeologist is celebrating her 20th anniversary, and just in time for the arrival of Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4. It’s due to release on October 11 and to ramp up excitement, developer Crystal Dynamics has premiered the stunning launch trailer along with a gallery of high-res images that show Lara in action.
Bundling together all previously released DLC – Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch and Cold Darkness Awakened – you can have a gander at the added content below, all of which will also be available on Xbox One and PC.
- Award-winning Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Brutal new “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode (no checkpoints)
- “Blood Ties” & “Lara’s Nightmare” premium DLC
- Co-op support for “Endurance Mode”, challenging players to survive extreme conditions with a friend
- Re-envisioned cold-weather outfit and weapon for Lara inspired by Tomb Raider III
- Classic Lara card pack which will allow fans to play “Expedition Modes” using one of several classic Lara models
- All existing DLC including “Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch” and “Cold Darkness Awakened”, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, 35 Expedition Cards, and more
- Support for PlayStation VR that challenges players to unlock the mysteries of Croft Manor in first person
Rise of the Tomb Raider rings in 20 years of Lara Croft with the comprehensive version of Crystal’s action-adventure sequel when it touches down on October 11.